Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Welcome to Portland

It has been a long and arduous journey to get to this point, but I can now call Portland, Oregon my home.

Not even three months ago, my boyfriend was unemployed and could not find a job. In California's Central Valley, the economy is suffering. There's something like 16 percent unemployment. Jeremiah got laid off and searched for a job, any job, for several months with no luck. My brother lives here in Portland, and suggested Jeremiah look for a job there. I think he applied for a handful of jobs, got several interviews, and got hired on the spot.

Just maybe two short weeks after coming up with the idea, and it was already coming to fruition. Jeremiah arrived in Portland in mid-December to start his new job, and I stayed behind in California. I had to sell our home and await my transfer with my job.

And now here we are, finally. This is the story of our new life in Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment